It has been ages since I wrote a playlist post, and as I sit on my sofa with the room lit by candlelight on a Tuesday evening (painting an ever so romantic image of my life, right?) with my phone plugged into the telly speakers (why did I never do this before, I've lived here almost 5 year?!) I thought it was about time! I think it's been a year....
Here is my August playlist. Terribly curated, no real theme - just songs that are making the studio a place full of singing. Bad singing. Similar to that of a cat in pain. Sorry.
1. Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away
2. Sparks - Number One Song in Heaven
3. FFS - Collaborations Don't Work (The link for these three is quite obvious, however I'm currently a little obsessed with each separately! If you haven't heard FFS yet then I absolutely recommend listing to the album. Its fun, theatrical and downright brilliant.)
4. The Shirelles - Mama Said
5. The Bryan Ferry Orchestra - Love is the Drug
6. Pete And The Pirates - Mr Understanding
7. The Shangris-Las - Give Him a Great Big Kiss (My favourite line is the talky bit - "he's good, bad, but he's not evil" - I'd LOVE to put that on a card... or a wedding invite!!)
8. Benny Goodman - Sandman
9. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart (funnily enough, this is one song I think I can sing along to semi-successfully!)
10. Peggy Lee - Hallelujah, I Love Him So
Image from a recent shoot with Holly Booth - many more coming soon on the new website!