I can't quite comprehend what has happened this month. It has been RIDICULOUS… and there are still 5 days left. In my head it was going to be a relaxed affair of planning and tax return-ing (ok, the tax return was never going to be relaxed, let's face it), alas it has been so wonderfully busy! Many late nights and early mornings, and some big plans occurring. Oh and the tax return was done and paid nice and early - my spreadsheet was a happy one
So, in order to motivate myself through this dark, dreary and cold month, I've been listening to a LOT of music. I've dug out old favourites and discovered entirely new things.
Motivational playlist for a January:
1. God Help the Girl.- I'll Have to Dance with Cassie. Words cannot express how obsessed I am with this album, and the film. It's the catalyst for some really marvellous ideas
2. Icona Pop - I Love It. On my first day back in the new year I blasted this out about 3 times on my way to work. It kinda worked!!
3. Robyn - Dancing on my Own. Oh so perfect pop!
4. Erasaure - A Little Respect. This may be my karaoke song of 2015. Somebody take me to the karaoke?
5. La Roux - Bulletproof. (In 2015 I wil be!)
6. The Beautiful South - Don't Marry Her. We had the nicest studio sing song the other afternoon to The Beautiful South. Perhaps this song isn't very "on brand"!! Not one to make a sash from...
7. Garbage - When I Grow Up. I may have used this in another playlist, however this is one I listen to very loudly on a late night walk home sometimes, it's great for that
8. Jackie Wilson - (Your love keeps lifting me) Higher. Ok, this is something you're not really allowed to say, but as my job is related to it I'm going to be bold and probably curse my future. If I ever get married, I want this playing at the party!!
9. God Help the Girl - A Down & Dusky Blonde. I can't listen to this without feeling a bit of sadness, however the line "But I need a friend and I choose you" is so beautiful and really sums up the thing that keeps me going every single day, excellent friends who I love to pieces!
10. The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition. Just a bloody good song!