I'm not rambling this month (!) - instead I'm just popping in a line from each song which is my favourite. I've been singing to myself a lot this month!
1. Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle & Sebastian
I love you, I've a drowning grip on your adoring face
I love you, my responsibility has found a place
2. National Express - The Divine Comedy
But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size of a small country
3. 3 Away - Pretty Girls Make Graves
I don't wanna live my life in regret, everything is a learning experience
4. Just like Honey - The Jesus & Mary Chain
Listen to the girl as she takes on half the world
5. David's Last Summer - Pulp
And when we reached the stream I put a bottle of cider into the water to chill,
Both of us knowing that we'd drink it long before it had the chance.
5. Me & You Against the World - Space
I first met you hanging knickers on the line
From that moment on I knew that there could only be one outcome
Me and you against the world, forever
6. Evil - Interpol
Wipe the pollen from the faces
Make revision to a dream while you wait in the van
7. Drop Dead Gorgeous - Republica
You're a gibbon*
8. Weak - Skunk Anansie
If I opened my heart there'd be no space for air
9. Where Can I Go? Laura Marling
Truth I heard about regret
It's the hardest truth I've come to yet
10. Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images, and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned
The reason for the Jarvis image is that this month I spent an evening listening to him do a wonderful talk on creativity and reading out lyrics from Pulp songs, including the one referenced about. I planned on blogging about it but haven't had the time quite yet however I really would like to! June has been the most incredible month for inspiration, and although I'm ending the month feeling a tad overworked and worn out, it has been wonderful.
* ok maybe that's wrong, but I've been singing it that way for what, 15 years or something?! Why change it if it sounds better!