Something has changed. I'm not sitting still. In fact I'm barely sitting in one seat! Christmas is where it all changes and it descends into the most wonderful kind of chaos. Over Summer I would sit and artwork for a couple of hours and this was a marvellous opportunity to build a playlist! So I've got a little rubbish, however the other day in a quietish moment I took to popping my favourite tunes of 2014 into one place, therefore here they are (in edited form!)
1. alt-J - Left Hand Free - I know this song is pretty new but I'm obsessed with it! Even if it is very mucky...
2. Anna Calvi - Cry - (2:15 into this is my favourite moment in music of the year)
3. Teleman - Skeleton Dance - that opening note just takes me right back to that crumbly venue in Brooklyn with only a few dozen people there, on the greatest adventure
4. St. Vincent - Prince Johnny
5. BRONCHO - Class Historian (not annoying AT ALL!)
6. Jamie T - Zombie - if I'm not on a dance floor pulling ALL THE SHAPES to this song before the end of the year then that is a fail
7. Honeyblood - Choker
8. Metronomy - Month of Sundays
9. Bob Mould - I don't know you anymore
10. Kate Tempest - Circles
I'm very much aware there will be more songs this year, however I'm pretty such the theme of next month's playlist will be a given...