So, I go away for one week and the whole world changes. There is a Starbucks at my tube station, my local pub has changed hands and looks much better, the leaves have started to fall from the trees and Autumn is definitely coming.
New York was the best, I will blog more about that later. For now though, I'm a little late at my September playlist - if I merge that my brain is still on New York time, and the fact that New Yorker's are stereotypically late for everything, then it is is fine.
You guessed it - this one is New York themed! Some are obvious, some are personal. All are amazing.
1. Ryan Adams - So Alive
2. Idlewild - American English
3. Maximo Park - Going Missing
4. Elbow - New York Morning
5. Semisonic - Closing Time (this came on when I was being a bit of a tourist and visited the Friends pop up cafe. I'd have about 4 hours sleep and was on my last day of NY and I just got to ally overwhelmed with a happy feeling)
6. Ed Rush & Optical - Reece
7. Glenn Miller - A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (this song comes on through and at the very end of something very, very special - I cried a very small New York tear to this song after Sleep No More… then got a grip and went to the roof for cocktails)
8. Teleman - Not in Control
9. Alanis Morissette - Hand in my Pocket
10. Interpol - NYC