My monthly playlist blog feature dwindled over Summer for many reasons, alas I'm not a lass of excuses. Just bloody get on with it is what I say (and you lot certainly like that as I must have sold about 20 of these fabric tags in the past few weeks!) so here you go - 10 of my favourite Christmas songs in list format. I must add a big HELLO to the super duper Kirstin Stride at this point who was my stall buddy at Craftaganza, and was the lady responsible for the playlists there. An absolute gem of a lady who makes really super handdrawn jewellrey.
1. The Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick
2. Tracey Chapman - Holy Night
3. Darlene Love - White Christmas (the opening notes of this song almost make my heart sink and think o' Christmases past! In a good way, but it does remind me of racing down the M62!)
4. Michael Buble - White Christmas - Sorry! Not sorry! This reminds me of driving down err another road! I only discovered this Christmas album when it was forced upon me last year and I actually love it. Yes I've picked the same song twice, but this is another brill version and great for freestyling and making your own bits up to... yes I spend a LOT of time by myself.
5. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Winter Wonderland (this is a slightly creepy version but I love it)
6. Bob Dylan - Silver Bells (because he sounds like he so very drunk!)
7. The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping (because everyone should have a bit of a festive romance!)
8. The Wombles - Womblin' Merry Christmas (a most excellent arrangement I'll have you know!)
9. The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride (I KNOW THE DANCE!)
10. The Long Blondes - Christmas is Cancelled (reminds me of something my Dad said at Christmas one year when we were kids, and we still wind him up about it now!)
I'm not 100% sure why I stuck a reason as to why I like most of the songs afterwards, but hey, in the days of mix tapes there was such a small space to write both the name and the artist that I'm making up for it now.
Perhaps over Christmas when I rest I might post my playlist of cheesy pop songs which make me work faster - that's a treat!